11/20/07

The elusive Lou …

Some days you fall between the floorboards
Some days you stay the same
Some days are longer than the life span
of the person you never became

I was in need of a little breather. Too many distractions, too much to do. My head was spinning at 80 mph, and if I slowed down the bomb would inevitably detonate. Courtesy of one Dennis Hopper. To my luck, Sandra Bullock and Neo was not present at any point. Or Jason friggin Patrick for that matter, but there was a boat involved. As you can see below. I managed to find my little haven, located at Skäggaudd, in the farthest corner of Stockholm's archipelago. I brought some gear, some food, some drinks, some movies and pretty much went to town, in a manner of speaking. Managed to write and demo two new songs, tentatively entitled »Of Those, Our Own« and »By The Atlas«. Two small pieces of reluctant beauty. The only thing I couldn't seem to do was to muster up some lyrics for the two, or the title track for that matter. Seems strange. Out there – me, the sea and the sauna – the perfect spot for clearing my head from sidetracking thoughts, focusing on creativity and connecting the last few left over wires. Well … as fate had it … my mind drew a complete blank. But I guess there are other days for writing. Most importantly though … I "swam" in the ocean three times! Try that one out for size!

Came back day before yesterday, put on my suit and went to a birthday party. Spent a few hours in the studio and have now almost completed my most funky, radio-friendly and weirdest work to date: the aptly titled »Crushed By A Crowd«. It's too early to say if I love it or not … give me a few days to absorb this little monster of a song. I promise to return the favor once the album inhabits your iPod. Or maybe stereo – if I'm lucky.

I'll leave you now with a small set of pictures from my recent escapades …



Welcome to Chateau Nickebo …


Sauna slash shower slash toilet.


The view from my own private jetty.


In case of drowning … I could throw this out and rescue my self!


You'll need a healthy stock of supplies.


This little dude woke me up the first morning. He jumped down into my garbage bin … but couldn't jump back out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man ! you have a nice job Rasmus :-)) Nice ambience. I could imaging this ambience is brisking your ideas for new songs ! How are you there ? When will you return? Your song Coalitions is highly amazing ! Lookin forward to your new album ! good luck, greatings, Daniel