4/24/08

Hooray, hooray!


If somebody wants to give me a cake … here are some subtle suggestions!

Today it's exactly two more years until I hit rock bottom and turn 30! Suck on that! So happy birthday me, and to my mom Agneta and everyone else who was born on the 24th of April. Here in Stockholm the sun is shining, the skies are blue and everything is Beverly Hills 90210–Peach Pit–perfect!

Yesterday was a wonderful day down in the Matching Head cellar … Rolf's friend Anna came by and played cello on the track we're working on right now (A Partial Print). And just as Rolf promised, she was an amazing musician and nailed every harmony and rhythm. What a pleasure it is to watch someone who has total control over their instrument. Fun fact; Anna has toured the world playing with the likes of Brian Wilson and Love … and turned out to be friends with the Tgr Lou soundman; Mr. Ugglan! The world is a small place, and by the looks of it – getting smaller by the minute.
Check this link out for a little cello nibble!

I've also received remix number two, courtesy of my long time favorites Error Error. They brought some 80's electro house magic to the song Trust Falls, making some spot on chord progressions alterations and cow bell madness!
Check this link out for MORE COWBELL!!!

Right … I'm gonna go about my day now … spending a lot of it in bed, together with Bess and a movie!

5 comments:

Alex said...

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Rasmus Happy Birthday to You ! :) May your wishes come true and inspiration accompany you at all times :D

I'm loving the 'nibbles', cello and 80's cowbell, how novel! It all sounds great, can't wait to hear the tracks.

Agnes said...

Grattis Rasmus!

Anonymous said...

grattis fina fina du

strangeisthenewfruit said...

Happy Birthday Rasmus,

I am really looking forward to your new record and I am curious about the remixes!

Best
Tim

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! One day to late but anyways ;)