6/19/08

A life in luminous color


Hollywood is a place I find more and more intriguing, as our days here slowly shifts in various directions. Sean has a schedule prone to leaving us with a lot of free time. Usually he works mornings and nights, and we swing by for a few hours mid-day, listening to what he's done, making little notes for tweaks and alterations. It is a perfect work process – in every aspect. Being a part of the mixing inferno, is not a role for me to play. I hate it, quite frankly. All this analyzing, and fine tuning of details, hertz here, decibels there. So, The Way of The Sean – has proven to be perfect for me. And I know Rolf is diggin' it too. It enables us to explore this gigantic oasis of flat-ass architecture and ass-grabing glamour. The list of things to do and places to visit grows longer for each day that passes. A fact I find both invigorating and demoralizing. With so many plans and so little time … how and what to prioritize is the key problem. But as a problem, not something one should complain about. Ain't that so?

Yesterday we forgot to turn the head lights off, and after a nice 45 minutes spent at Borders (buying books) we returned to our car, only to find its battery dead as a rock. Cue the Hollywood hero – Sean B. – and his jump starting skills of wonder. Courtesy of him, we got our white swedish behinds on the road in no time. Drove straight to the studio and fresh mix number three: »So Demure«. One word can summon up the work put into the mix, and the feelings felt while hearing it for the first time; Perfection. Pure and simple. Not plain. Pure. You dig?



Today is a new day … and a new track.
I'll be back for a shack-attack … you now that's my knack!


Three down … seven to go!


If my new record bombs … I'll move here to L.A. and enroll in this school!


Or keep reading Chuck's books …


Say hi to Rolf!

2 comments:

minaminamina said...

so, kadd told me that you guys are in l.a. and we met when you were in vegas with him, and rachel. im mina by the way. if you guys get bored and need a guide around town, let me know!! mina_ameli@msn.com

minaminamina said...

so, kadd told me that you guys are in l.a. and we met when you were in vegas with him, and rachel. im mina by the way. if you guys get bored and need a guide around town, let me know!! mina_ameli@msn.com