5/26/08

A Partial Statement

As the old and beautiful city of Stockholm gradually heats up, the once so chilly and restrained inhabitants start to defrost – whether they like it or not – and turn their intimidating grimace into a welcoming smile. It is in this time and setting I choose to finally open up the doors that are my arms, and invite a small circle of friends to witness the spectacle that is A Partial Print.

To say the least, it is a nerve wrecking and confidence shattering event – not having the slightest idea of how everyone will react. Not that you can expect a thorough analysis after hearing the album just once – it is indeed a whole lot to process – but you are nervous nonetheless. What will their heart, their brain, their guts and their libido say? Will it make em wanna dance, cry, sing, laugh, curse, sleep, eat, self combust, run away, fire me, hug me, sucker punch me or simply tell me to bugger off? After having heard the record only once, I asked my friends to write down the first sentence that sprung to mind. This is the lowdown:

»Straight into the darkness together with Rasmus«
Anders / Universal Music Publishing

»I need a new delay pedal«
Mathias / Tgr Lou

»I really wish they'd let me play drums instead of the violin in elementary school«
Rebecca / Universal Music Publishing

»How deep and great his voice sounds«
Morgan / Luger Booking

»Epic … can you say epic in the bio without making people think of Yes?«
Fredrik / Startacks

There you have it … now on with the show …

6 comments:

bluessummermoves said...

Great to hear its finally ready. I'm waiting eagerly to hear it all.

See you soon,

David

Anonymous said...

Helt underbart att det är nära nu! Ser med spänning fram emot skivan! Sjukt kul med den grymma kritiken!

Anonymous said...

ett litet tillägg också... är det inte dags att bege sig ut på vägarna snart?

Anonymous said...

You do realize that you're making us crazy by doing what you just did, don't you? :DD

Anonymous said...

If you release it tommorrow you'll get an extra cookie and i'll swwar i'll buy at least two of your albums! :D

Amanda said...

Åh, pepp! Ska bli fint att få höra!